Device Management of remote, fixed or mobile IT fleet
MediaContact provides you with a centralized management environment for:
- Mobile computing or mobility (sales teams, technicians, warehouses, logistics, etc.),
- Remote and fixed computing (point of sale networks, remote industrial facilities, etc.),
- Embedded computing (communicating machines, automated systems, etc.).
Management of mobile devices
With MediaContact, you have a homogenous platform that combines all the services needed to manage your remote mobile devices:
- Remote distribution: software, applications, programs, executable files, patches, service packs, virus signatures, etc.
- Inventories: hardware, software, registry keys, etc.
- Configuration management (Provisioning): password, access control, blocking functions, kiosk mode, setting up connections (Proxy, RAS, ActivSync, GPRS, WiFi)
- Monitoring: intelligent agent on the terminal that ensures, even offline, the proper operation of remote terminals 24/7.
- Data synchronization: databases, applications, files, messaging programs, etc.
- Backup, restore: files, folders, registry, etc.
- Kiosk : secured area for smartphones and tablets, application management
Technologies for remote computing
MediaContact integrates technologies designed for remote computing constraints (intermittent connections and/or varying transfer rate and continuity):
- Differential synchronization (up to 98% gain)
- On-the-fly compression (up to 72% gain)
- Restart at the break point (avoid unnecessary retransmissions)
- Dynamic bandwidth management (automatic adaptation of transfer rates)
- Encryption, authentication (SSL/TLS-AES 128-bit)
- Push and pull mode (adaptation to business processes)
These technologies guarantee optimal, reliable and secure transfers and synchronization regardless of whether they are used on cellular (GPRS, 3G, 3G+, etc.), wireless (WiFi) or wired (PSTN, xDSL) networks.
Moreover, MediaContact’s flexibility and user-friendliness enable quick implementation for configurations ranging from a few remote mobile devices to several thousand.
With MediaContact, you more effectively manage your remote (mobile and fixed) computing while increasing responsiveness and performance.
Customer testimonials ( click on logo to see case study )
"MediaContact’s ability to support fleets of thousands of heterogeneous mobile devices, both from a technical point of view (multi-server architecture: load balancing, active-active cluster) and functional (processing in bulk: pre-inscriptions, autoreporting...), is part of the criteria that determined the choice. »Michel TORRELLI - Operational Pilot Project GIMI
« Mobile devices have become our eye on the ground. They provide us with statistics and indicators on each day completed. The MDM and MAM features of MediaContact make it easier to manage the fleet of devices and MediaContact allows us to continuously monitor activities and react very quickly ».
Benjamin BRUN - Support & Development Division, Easydis - C Chez Vous (Casino Group)
"In addition to the synchronization tasks it performs with perfection, MediaContact represents for us an enormous help in terms of administrating our remote devices. It allows us to offer mobile users a truly optimized medium, and the result is everyone wins."Bertrand de Morel - DIM Information Systems Director
"Thanks to IBM service and the MEDIACONTACT software, we have access to the inventory of each device, data from deployment reports, after-sales service for each terminal, and visibility for terminal communications activity. Together, these services are invaluable in ensuring the proper functioning of our applications."Hervé Kerleguer - COFELY Section Manager, EDF SUEZ Group
"MediaContact enabled us to set up data flow exchanges on the fly and to increase the number of transfers. It provides remarkable reliability and stability, and considerably simplifies our work processes through the integration of remote application distribution and remote inventory management into a single data exchange tool."Emmanuel Grelaud IT Director - COMPASS Group France
"Since we began using MediaContact, we’ve become much more efficient, particularly with process creation and management. Thanks to MediaContact, I never have to worry about distributing and implementing new applications in remote locations.It’s easy, I can create processes in just a few clicks."Alexandre Dimitrov- Manager of IT Operations & Support MIDAS France
"The increase in data exchanges between our various sales points and our headquarters became a critical issue for our business. MediaContact was selected for its ability to manage all of the company’s data flows. We were able to quickly integrate the software into our infrastructure and it has proven itself to be remarkably reliable. The main qualities that were crucial to our decision were the following : complete automation of the transfer and administration process, push mode, bandwidth optimization, transfer speed, differential synchronization. In sum, MediaContact provides exceptional added value compared to a traditional FTP solution."Stéphane Henry - MESTDAGH IT Department Director
"Of course we contacted Telelogos to see what other solutions they had to offer in addition to MediaTransfer. From the central IT facility we manage the synchronization of ’upstream’ and ’downstream’ data flows and back up remote facilities. We needed to add on remote software distribution ."Gérard Bielle - FIDUCIAL INFORMATIQUE R&D Director
"Ever since we implemented MediaContact Enterprise, it has met our needs. It has brought the flexibility and the reactivity required to maintain a fleet of EDA’s dispersed throughout the country.The quality of service that we can now provide to iDTGV supervisors and station agents in turn allows them to better serve our clients."Antoine Fontanel - iDTGV Information Systems and Distribution Director